With Christmas over, it is now time to look forward to the New Year. The start of every new year brings with it the promise of new beginnings. Although a time of celebration, it is also a time where many of us may feel burdened to set new life goals or make resolutions. If you are experiencing pressure to resolve issues related to finance, travel, property, family or custody matters, then the team at Freedman & Gopalan are here to help! Below is a checklist to help you bring in the New Year stress free.
- Firstly, are you entering the New Year with any outstanding debts? The holidays are a time when cash flow is important, but many of us are shocked with the consequences after. The staff at Freedman & Gopalan are highly experienced in debt recovery and can help you recover the funds that you are owed.
- Secondly, are you travelling overseas before going back to work? If this is you, don’t let unexpected terms and conditions ruin your holiday! It is common for airlines to exclude check-in baggage and in-flight entertainment from bargain prices, so be sure to check the fine print of your flight ticket.
- Thirdly, are you insured for all overseas travel? It is important to know your cover and read the terms and conditions prior to travel, as some medical treatments may not be covered.
- Fourthly, have you been given a faulty or dangerous Christmas gift? Know your rights – when purchasing Australian-made goods, all consumers are protected under the Australian Consumer Law. Where a product is unsafe, unfit for its purpose, faulty or different from the description, consumers are entitled to ask for a replacement or refund. Alongside gifts, have you received a voucher that is due to expire soon? Under the Fair Trading Act 1987 gift cards and vouchers in NSW must be sold with a minimum expiry period of 3 years to any consumer in NSW.
- Fifthly, are you looking to buy or sell a property in the New Year? Don’t let yourself be ripped off – inform yourself about the process and the market.
- Sixthly, are you facing family disputes, settling a marriage or contemplating a divorce in the New Year? Or rather, are you facing disputes surrounding the custody of your children? Have your children not been returned to you as per the pre-agreed upon custody arrangements? If so, it is imperative to protect your legal rights and those of your children. The expert team at Freedman & Gopalan can provide you with the assistance and counselling needed to help you through this difficult time.
- Lastly, is your Will up to date? Enter the New Year knowing your loved ones will be taken care should anything go wrong.
If you have considered all these points, then you are ready to celebrate the New Year!
If you have any queries relating to the issues featured in this article, please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 8917 8700 or fill out the enquiry box and we will get back to you ASAP.