The expert legal team at Freedman & Gopalan Solicitors is committed to resolving your divorce and family law issues. We are a specialised, multicultural law firm that provides counsel for clients facing family disputes, settling a marriage, or going through a divorce.
At this time of uncertainty, how can the team at F&G help you?
We help people just like you and our expertise and experience has proved to us that avoiding Court and trying to amicably resolve any dispute is the best possible solution.
Our team of experienced family lawyers can give you advice about your legal rights and options available to settle any proceedings at the outset, which includes your most important assets and:
- Your marriage;
- Your children; and
- Your property.
If you wish to make an arrange an appointment, contact us on 8917 8700 and our team will guide you through the process and help you through the difficult stages that you are currently face.
The team at F&G looks forward to being of assistance to you. We are not only experts in the area, but also an empathetic and caring team who would like to help people just like you.
Our central location in the Sydney CBD allows clients to easily visit our office and attend Court around the city.
Initial Free Half Hour Consultation
Our legal team provides a complimentary consultation, available upon the completion of the form at the end of this page.
Children’s Living Arrangements:
- We understand the importance of issue resolution regarding children’s accommodations, living arrangements, and opportunities to spend meaningful time with each parent. Our team provides assistance and counsel regarding the Orders that cover all circumstances relating to children and changes to their situations as they grow older.
- Child Support is generally calculated by the Child Support Agency. However, there are often circumstances that require special consideration, and we are able to provide assistance in such cases.
Child Safety and Domestic Violence:
- The safety and welfare of children is paramount in our society as well as in our legal system, and no one deserves to suffer from any form of violence or abuse. If you feel that you or someone you know is physically, financially or emotionally threatening you or your children then you must seek help immediately. Do not hesitate to call us right away. We will support you through the legal process while making sure you and your family is safe.
- If a parent with primary care of a child wishes to move with the child to another town, state or country, it is referred to as relocation. To read more about Relocation, click here.
As accredited family law specialists, we help clients through every stage of divorce, from legal and financial planning, to the restructuring of wills and assets. It is imperative to protect your legal rights and those of your children, and the visitation rights of grandparents.
Following your free initial consultation, our legal consultant will understand what is important to you and how best to proceed with your case.
We can discuss any or all of these family matters:
- An overview of the legal process in relation to separation and divorce
- How to adequately prepare for divorce proceedings.
- Specific diversity matters and how the law interprets relationships from different cultures.
- Access arrangements for children.
- Division of property and assets.
- Child support payments.
- Filing a divorce application.
- Writing binding financial agreements.
- Restructuring family assets, estates and wills.
De Facto Relationships
Recent amendments to the Family Law Act allow for de facto relationships—including same-sex partnerships—to be treated on the same level as legally married couples. Contact our office today for assistance with negotiating disputes and resolving other legal matters that concern you and your domestic partner.
Diversity and Family Law
We offer a multicultural legal perspective and a sympathetic approach to explaining your rights under the law. Freedman & Gopalan Solicitors has experience and expertise to provide expert legal consultation and counsel in relation to same-sex and de facto relationships.
Call Today for a Free Consultation on 02 8917 8700
Free Legal Advice
Please complete this form to arrange a confidential and free telephone conversation with one of our solicitors, or come to our office where the first half hour consultation is free.
One of our solicitors will contact you shortly to discuss your enquiry.